Wednesday 26 January 2011

Wind Farms in the UK

Well, the renewableuk website emailed me back. they directed me to some useful links -

Wind Farms Currently under construction

Developers to contact for individual wind farms

Find the nearest wind farm to me

From this image you can clearly see that there is no shortage of wind farms for me to shoot

Wind farms in the areas closer to Cheltenham



With this information I emailed the wind farms that are currently under construction that aren't too far away from Cheltenham. There are two in South Wales.
I got a reply from one of them asking me to call them tomorrow, so I really do hope something comes from this phone call. Keep your fingers crossed!

I really want to photograph the people that put the wind turbines up. I can imagine it's quite a hefty procedure. I plan on photographing in a way that shows the people in their most natural way. I do not want to get them to pose, I want them to get on with what they're doing and for me not to get in the way.

Also, SWEA emailed me saying that a wind farm will be being built near Highnam. I'm am uncertain about the dates yet, but let's hope it's before the deadline. I am waiting on a reply to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment