Wednesday 16 February 2011

Forestry Commission Contacts

I received this email from someone who works at the Forestry Commission in South Wales-

"Your enquiry  regarding environmental photography  has been passed on to me by my Director,
I think we have quite a good opportunity for you in S Wales as we are currently dealing with a outbreak of a tree disease that is killing larch trees that is partly linked to climate change, we also will be having a very large wind farm built on FCW managed land and we supply wood fuel to a biomass power station in Port Talbot that supplies the national grid there are photo opportunities from large machinery working to close up's of trees suffering from the tree disease and our staff and contractors who deal with this" 

I also have permission to photograph in the Forest of Dean, which is a lot closer however they do not have as much manual things to photograph. I received this email from them-
 
"I have been passed your email.  I'm quite happy for you to come over, but actually what to photograph might be quite difficult.  A lot of the work is adapting techniques in management of trees which are difficult to express visually.  There is a team based at both Alice Holt in Farnham and in Bristol.  You're quite welcome to come to the Dean and take photos but will need to discuss what you want to focus on.
 
Have a look at the following link to our website and let me know how we might help.
 
 
I need to look into what it is I want to photograph at the Forest of Dean, and whether they can be of any help to me.
 
 
There's also this link that i have been sent which is about using the wood to fuel renewable energy in South Wales-
http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/INFD-6HYJAE

No comments:

Post a Comment